The European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25th May 2018.
For the purposes of the data protection law, CM SALVI SL with tax address, Crta Sabadell a Granollers Km.12 08185 Lliçà de Vall, is responsible for the processing of personal data that we collect and use in the course of our business activities, as set forth in this notice.
1. Personal information collect
Depending on who you are, customer, supplier or other business partner, we interact with you in many different ways. Your personal data is usually collected directly by our various departments when conducting business with you (or with the company you represent), when you ask for information about our products and services, when you place orders with us, when you provide products or services to us, when we want to set up a partnership with you, when you attend our training sessions or events, etc.
Personal information is also given voluntarily by yourself, such as when you use the “contact us” feature on our web site or otherwise communicate with us, such as by e-mail or via our social media pages, when you register on one of our platforms, when you visit our exhibitions, when you subscribe to our newsletters etc.
2. What personal information do we process?
The personal data we collect mainly consist of:
– Your name and surname;
– Professional contact details (title, name, telephone, e-mail address, business address);
– log-in details (when you register on one of our platforms);
SALVI also collects certain information automatically when you use our website, such as:
– The IP addresses and domain names of visitors;
– Browser and platform type;
– History of pages viewed;
– Your location and other usage information about your use of the website.
We collect this information for site administration purposes, such as to analyze this data for trends and statistics. We use this information to improve the services, develop new products and offer products and services that may be of interest to you. This data is also used to customize the content on our web site and to provide a better experience to our users.
We may also collect personal information from job applications (such as your CV, the application form itself and the cover letter).
When we send e-mails to our registered customers, we may track who opened the e-mails and who clicked on any of the hyperlinks. We do this to measure the performance of our e-mail campaigns and to improve our offerings. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
3. For what purposes do we use your personal information?
SALVI may collect personal information for the following purposes:
– To conclude and execute contracts with you;
– To send you information that you have asked or that may be of interest to you based on your preferences;
– To invite you to Salvi training sessions or other events;
– To communicate with you and to respond to questions that you have asked;
– To activate and manage the on-line accounts for which you have registered;
– To improve continuously our products and services;
– And for all other purpose which are directly related to our business relationship, whether you are a customer, a supplier or other business partner.
Each time we collect personal data from you we will inform you about the specific purpose in order to give full transparency about what we do with your personal data. According to the principle of ‘purpose limitation’ under the GDPR, we will not process your data for a purpose, which is unrelated to the purpose for which the data was initially collected.
4. Legal basis of the processing of your personal data
According to the GDPR, the main grounds on which we will process your personal data are:
– We have to honor a contract we have with you (or with the company you represent) or we have to prepare that contract;
– We have the legal obligation to process the data we collect from you;
– We have a legitimate interest to process your personal data;
– We have received your explicit and specific consent.
We will inform you about this lawful ground each time we collect the data about you.
5. Who do we share your personal information with?
SALVI also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party, if SALVI has reason to believe that disclosing personal information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property. Additionally, SALVI may disclose personal information in response to a court order or when we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, requires it – or authorizes us to do so – or to respond to an emergency.
If you choose not to provide SALVI with your personal information, you may still visit most of the SALVI website content. However, you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services and you may be unable to take advantage of certain SALVI benefits.
6. How do we protect your personal data?
Depending on the nature of the data, the context and the purpose of processing, as well as the risk of impact on the privacy of natural persons, SALVI undertakes to take all technical and organizational measures to ensure appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
7. Your Rights
You have the right to access, rectify or delete the personal data that we process from you. In addition, you have the right to restrict or to object to the processing of your data and the right to data portability. This means that you can send us a request to send your personal information as a file to you or to another organization.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when we depend on your consent to process your personal information and you also have the right to file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority when you think that we have not processed your personal information in accordance with the data protection laws.
You will also be provided with an opt-out possibility (unsubscribe) in our commercial messages to you.
8. How long will we keep your personal information?
Salvi will keep your personal information for as long as we need it to perform our contractual or pre-contractual obligations with you as a (potential) customer, supplier or other business partner.
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
When we do change the policy, we may notify you about such changes, when required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
For any right you would like to exercise or for any question you might have about the way we process your personal data, you can send an e-mail to the following e-mail address: email@example.com